Happy Black Day! 블랙데이!

Oh Korea and your crazy love holidays. Last year I posted about White Day but forgot to mention Black Day! 

Black day is a day dedicated to all of those single people out there. On April 14 the custom is, if you did not receive gifts from your significant other on White Day or Valentines Day you go to your local Chinese restaurant and eat jjajangmyeon (짜장면). 



Jjajangmyeon (짜장면) - Throughout the year, whenever I see this dish I think of single Koreans crying about being single while gaining a small joy from slurping at these noodles. Their tears are the perfect finishing touch to this delicious dish. 

So what did I do today? Well, do to the fact I didn't get anything for White Day (where the guy gets the girl) but am not single, I ate an egg/rice dish with 짜장면 sauce called Sa Cheon Bok Eum Bab (사천볶음밥). You may ask, what's the cultural significance of that? Nothing. The lady messed up my order. -_-



Happy Black Day Everyone!


Oh Soju <3

0 Comments