KTX: Another letter from Billy Coale

Dear Ms. Guerrero:

Thanks for posting my last letter, re: tiger hazards. I understand now that your blog does not handle wilderness matters, and in fact you report on traveling. Perhaps you would like to use this letter that I intend on sending to KTX.

PS: I have included some photos of trains. I don't have any photos of Korean trains, so these will have to do.

KTX Tourism Development
Korail KTX Bldg,
378 Chongparo, Yongsan-gu,
Seoul, Korea, 140-821

This is an Indian train. It's not as good as yours.
Your trains smell nicer and the seats are more comfortable, too.
 Dear KTX,

Your trains are really something else. I took the fast train to Seoul the other day. All I can say is, “Wow”. I've been on a lot of different trains and yours was just about the best train-ride I've ever had. On most trains you have to sit in a tiny little seat that doesn't recline and makes your butt itch. Not yours. I had no trouble fitting in them and I think I would have been comfortable there all day. Wide hips tend to run in my family and even my grandpa wouldn't find anything to complain about.

And there's a movie car! It's such a good idea that I wonder why nobody's thought of it before. My Korean isn't that good so I didn't watch the movie this time. Could you remind the person in charge of the movies to turn on the English subtitles? Most DVDs have them nowadays and I think a lot of people would really appreciate it. Also, is there some way I can find out which movies are going to be playing on which trains? Is it something the conductor just decides that day or do you post it online? Knowing which movies are playing would affect which ticket I buy.
This is a Vietnamese train.
They're alright, and I do like phở, but still.

I have a really good idea. What could be cooler than watching a movie about trains while on a train? Being something of a movie buff and a train enthusiast I can think of quite a few great movies that would be even better in a movie theater on a train. I know you're busy so I'll only list the top three.

The Great Train Robbery: Starring Sean Connery and Donald Sutherland. Its about a historic train robbery in England. (adventure)

The Polar Express: Starring Tom Hanks. This a fairy-tale story about a train to goes to the North Pole on Christmas Eve. (animated)

Money Train: Starring Woody Harrelson and Wesley Snipes. This is about the subway police (not really trains) stopping a train robbery.

You can take credit for thinking this one up on your own. I'd just be happy if you let me know if you decide to show any movies about trains.

Best,

Billy Coale

3 Comments