Bungee Jumping in Gangwon-do

Wanna do something fun but don't want to spend the entire weekend doing it? Adventure Korea has these great one day trips. What did my friends and I do? We went Bungee Jumping!

What: Bungee jumping, Makeoli and tofu making
When: Whenever they decide to offer it, check out their website for more information. 
How to Get There: Easy. We booked the Bungee jumping, Makeoli and tofu making and were picked up at Hongik University Subway stop exit 1 and there was another pick up at the Express Bus Terminal exit 8.
Cost: Bungee Jumping was 35,000 won

So let me start off with the fact that this particular weekend, my friends and I made some terrible life choices. Even though we knew that we had to catch a 6:20 am bus we still decided to go party in Itaewon, especially around the infamous Homo Hill, until 3am. We were exhausted. 

So with less than 3 hours of sleep we caught the bus for BUNGEE JUMPING!!! It'd been raining all weekend and the big scare was that we wouldn't be able to go because of the rain. We get on the bus (I haven't seen that many white people for awhile!) and we're informed that... screw it! if we have to we are bungee jumping in the rain! YAY!...oh god, what have I gotten myself into?! Hungover bungee jumping in a downpour?!

As the rain pours down, the crew passes out until we arrive at the tallest bridge in South Korea (or at least it seemed like it to us). It stopped raining, but it was super cold! My friend Jason was one of the first to go because he was one of the heaviest (the group consisted of mostly tiny girls). Sabrina, Monica and I were the last ones to go.

This wasn't my first time bungee jumping (previously I went, about two years ago in Australia), but that doesn't mean I wasn't scared. The feeling of free falling is intensely exhilarating. For once your body isn't acting against another force, it's just going along with gravity. You're flying. :D




Well the coolest part of the day was done and I was totally down to go home and sleep at this point. But nope, we paid for war memorial/tofu and makoli making, so we had more to do. It was mundane, but free food and drink is always welcome. The war memorial was interesting, but honestly I was too tired to really appreciate the history behind everything.  Whatever, overall I had a good time!


I believe I can fly!!!!


Ashley

Ashley R Guerrero

Ashley R Guerrero, Editor-in-chief of Getting Past the White Tiger, lives, works and writes in South Korea. Since moving here from California, she has taught for public school and University. She has also been involved in numerous charity projects and currently facilitates a knitting circle. Read more.

0 Comments