New contributor: Leif

Photo from "Evil Geek-Out Convention" 2012, a night of
 Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, ghoulish treats, and plots for world domination. 
Enjoy your freedom while you still have it, SHEEPLE!
I've been in the Republic of Korea for two and a half years. Why am posting on this blog? First of all, the main contributors to this blog are an awesome duo of creative brilliance, Ashley and Young-Gun, and they have helped me to change my world. I am honored to have met them and view the outstanding creative projects they have produced in media ranging from photography and film to the written word.
Me and mom having a scream in her
now-defunct writer's studio,
Melvyn's Living Room.
      
       I love writing. I often get lost in memories of going to writing classes taught by my mom, who is a writer, poet, editor, college professor and cancer survivor. I learned from those childhood experiences that the universe is much bigger than it seems, especially when you read and write. 
 
        I want to inspire you the same way I have been inspired. When I first moved here from Canada, I had never traveled outside of North America. Like many of my peers, I believed that my country was the best in the world, the one with the greatest amount of freedom and the best social system. Then I met Ashley and Young-Gun.
When you plan to dress the same, it's cute.
When you accidentally dress the same,  it's fate.
   
        In my conversations with Young-Gun, I have learned that he critically analyses his own social system as well as others. He is a student, traveler, filmmaker, web designer and graphic artist. Ashley has traveled to and resided in numerous countries. She writes and performs poetry, writes articles for her campus newspaper, participates in collaborative creative endeavors, acts, edits web content and studies.They have both been an inspiration to me.
 
     I hope to share these gifts I have received in Korea with you as I contribute to Getting Past the White Tiger. 다음에 또 봐요!

1 Comments

  1. Thanks for giving such a important information shared by you. Thank you for being such an inspiration to me and others around you.

    ReplyDelete