Weekly Photo: Ice Cream Cart

Ice Cream Ajumma!

I don't know why they're always ajummas (old ladies). I have never seen an ice cream ajushi (old gentleman).




Tour Guide -

This photo was taken at Gunsan University during the sports day last May. There were a few carts and ladies around the stadium.

It's safe to say, carts like that are just about anywhere in the country where there's enough of a crowd.

I remember seeing them in front of my elementary school all the time when I was a kid, but my parents and teachers discouraged us kids from eating their ice cream because we were told they didn't keep up with health standards.

Nowadays, there are big chain ice cream stores everywhere such as Baskin-Robbins and people now have enough money to purchase from them. Ice cream ajummas become rarer by the year.


Young-Gun Park

Young-Gun Park has been studying various forms of visual arts for more than a decade and has been involved in various community arts projects. He has been a writer and photographer for GPTWT for more than a year. His future portfolio projects include work in cinematography and graphic novels. Read more.

0 Comments