An Epiphany


I can't begin to explain how grateful I am for my life. Just got back from visiting my Mother's host family in Iksan and they are a wonderful family that made me feel so accepted and loved even though I just met them. Wow. I'm in Korea surrounded by amazing people living a wonderful life. I ran away from America because there wasn't much left for me, I lost the love of my life, there were no jobs, and very little opportunity for personal growth. Now I'm teaching, I'm learning, I'm expanding myself in more ways then I ever thought I could.

 I will speak Korean fluently and hopefully be able to read a book written in hangul one day.

 I am embracing my femininity and will learn to use the cutest hair accessories and clothes I can get my hands on.

I am learning Taekwondo and will kick your ass if you give me shit for becoming more girly.

Lastly, I am having the time of my life!

And for all you working buffs back in America, come to Korea, its better here and if you are my age this is the time of your life you need to break free and do something crazy. You will probably be at desk job for the rest of your life OR you are like me and have no idea what you want to do with your life. Come to Korea, get paid well, get international experience that looks great on your resume, get away from anything you possibly would want to get away from. Just think about it <3

Oh and this is for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hNGj30peTs

1 Comments

  1. :) Good for you, girl!

    Haha I'm excited to see you in more feminine outfits. I'm curious how much influence Korean style will have on you. Japanese style certainly had a large influence on me while I was there! :)

    ReplyDelete