Inked in Korea

So after waiting almost two years I finally got the tattoo I've been wanting! The symbol is called the Funtuntunefu (cute name huh?) and it is an Adinkra (from Ghana) symbol of Democracy. It is of two crocodiles that share the same stomach yet fight over food, meaning if you have common goals you should work with others they may be different from you in order to achieve those goals. Also the crocodile is another Adinkra symbol for adaptability.
I got it on my left wrist so I can be constantly reminded of these ideals throughout my life.
I love the fact I got a tattoo representing Ghana in Korea, it would of been easier to do it in America (communicating with a tattoo artist through a translator is a little unnerving) but this is another country I have fallen in love with and it makes this tattoo that much more meaningful. Now I just need to find a way to hide it from my students... 

0 Comments